Obstetric & Gynecological Nursing
We the faculty of the department of Obstetrics and Gynaecological Nursing:-
– Believe that the nursing students prepared in obstetrics and gynaecological nursing department are efficient in their speciality areas and function effectively and efficiently in various extended and expanded role to make community incorporating the changing needs of the society and health care delivery system.
– Recognize that the nursing students trained here can demonstrate leadership qualities to work in every gynaecological department as to efficiently function both in and out of the country.
– Accept that obstetrics and gynaecological nursing training can mould the nurse with expertise power and attitudes in all areas of nursing and thereby uphold the professional image.
– The aim of the obstetrics and gynaecological nursing program in nursing to prepare the students about the responsibilities as registered midwife, educators and administrators.
On completion of the OBG nursing programme, the student is able to:
- Describe the epidemiology, etiology, psychopathology and diagnostic assessment of women with obstetrical conditions.
- Perform physical, psycho social, cultural & spiritual assessment of antenatal, intranatal & postnatal.
- Demonstrate competence in caring for high risk new born.
- Identify and mange obstetrical and neonatal emergencies as per protocol.
- Practice infection control method.
- Counsel women and families.
- Able to conduct research in the field of obstetrical and gynecological nursing, function as independent midwifery nurse practitioner.