Child Health Nursing
The department of Child Health Nursing helps the students to understand the child health nursing care, develop in depth understanding of identification, prevention and nursing care of hospitalized children. They provide family centered care in clinical and community setting.
The department of child health nursing believes that:
- It will enable the student community to acquire the essential knowledge in the field of paediatric nursing.
- It encourages the students, so that they could give holistic care to the children.
- It will train the students so that they are recognized as neonatal and paediatric nursing caregivers.
- The students of the department will be able to handle critical child patients confidently.
- The department could develop the students in such a way that they become effective nurse educator and researcher in the field of paediatric nursing.
The department of child health nursing aims to:
- Assist students in developing expertise and in depth understanding in the field of child health nursing.
- Help the students to appreciate the child as holistic individual and develop skill to function as paediatric nurse.
- Enable the student to function as an educator, manager and researcher in the field of child health nursing.
- To impart the essential knowledge to the students in the field of paediatric nursing.
- To fulfil the emerging needs of the country keeping global standards.
- To equip the students to deliver holistic care to the children by family centered approach.
- To train the students as neonatal and paediatric nurse specialists.
- To prepare the students to provide critical care to neonate and children confidently.